The Essential ARCHICAD course is suitable for architects, designers, draftspersons and builders who have no experience with any CAD or BIM systems. It is also suited to more experienced users of other CAD & BIM systems making the transition to ARCHICAD, and those who need to fill gaps in their knowledge and increase their proficiency with ARCHICAD. It covers all the commonly used functions in ARCHICAD, sufficient to submit a typical Development Application / Town Planning Submission to a local council for approval.
- Essential ARCHICAD training is conducted over 4 days
- Prerequisite for this course is general computer skills
- It is strongly recommended that students complete volumes 1 and 2 of the ARCHICAD Training Series as preparation for the Essential ARCHICAD course.
- Building simulation and ARCHICAD’s Virtual Building concept: ‘building the model’ rather than ‘drawing lines’
- ARCHICAD Work Environment i.e. Menus, Toolbox, Toolbars, Palettes and the Project Navigator
- Setting up and managing a project (Project Info, Story Settings, Project Preferences etc.)
- Element selection using ArchiCAD’s Selection Tools (Arrow Tool and Marquees)
- Site context – modeling the terrain using the Mesh Tool
- Design – modeling a building using the Design Tools (Slabs, Walls, Roofs, Columns, Beams, Doors, Windows, Stairs, Objects, Zones etc.) and Complex Profiles
- Documentation – documenting a building using the Document Tools (Dimensions, Text, Labels, Sections, Elevations, Details, Worksheets etc.)
- Working with Element Attributes (Layer Settings, Line Types, Fill Types, Building Materials, Composites, Pens & Colors, Surfaces and the Profile Manager)
- Trace & Reference
- Working with intelligent model views i.e. Sections and Elevations providing you with design representation and documentation data e.g. shadows and RL lines
- Producing Documentation whilst doing the Design work (Model View Options, Layout Book, Publisher)
- Creative Imaging e.g. PhotoRender Projections and Fly-Throughs
The Professional ARCHICAD training applies to professional practice. Productivity, process and quality assurance are the focus. This course enables you to analyse what your practice requires and formulate a template drawing set either in accordance with, or to establish, your office documentation standard. A complete project is built over the four days, paying close attention to setups and processes to suit best practice standards.
The Professional ARCHICAD course adds another layer of value to the Essential ArchiCAD course.
- Professional ARCHICAD training is conducted over 4 days
- Prerequisite for this course is Essential ARCHICAD training, or approval based on project work submitted for assessment by the trainer
- Importing a survey
- Creating and quantifying a site
- Advanced handling of Mapping Texture
- Creating custom Objects
- Modifying the Wall position
- Building the Foundations
- Split and Modify
- Advanced use of Complex Profiles
- Building the Sub-floor and Floor Slabs
- Floor Plan Cut Plane Settings
- Advanced Sections & Elevations
- Auto Storey height annotation
- Auto Grids
- Depth, Colours and Shadows
- Advanced Story Settings and Reference Levels
- Editing Dimensions
- Using Custom text
- Detailing the Building – creating & updating Details
- Inserting standard details
- Creating Interior Elevations
- Modify the Construction & Snap Grid
- Project set-out using the Grid System Settings
- Visualising the Project
- Sketch Render
- Create the Documents
- Publish the Documents
Artlantis is the fastest stand-alone 3D rendering application developed especially for architects and designers, ideal for quickly and easily creating high resolution 3D renderings, iVisit 3D Panoramas, QuickTime VR Objects and animations. A recognised leader in preview window technology, Artlantis is the rendering software used by architects, designers and urban design professionals in more than 80 countries.
- Artlantis Training is conducted over 1 day
- Prerequisite for this course is experience using ARCHICAD
- Product overview
- New features
- Getting started – ARCHICAD
- Inspector Palette
- View Control Settings
- The Media Catalog
- View/Camera Display Settings
- Shaders – Basic Texture Mapping
- Shaders – Advanced Texture Mapping
- Shaders – Reassigning a Material
- Objects – Basic editing
- Objects – Advanced Editing
- Artificial Light Settings
- Artificial Light Control
- Heliondon (Natural) Lights
- Render Settings
- Batch Render
- Animation Render
- Animation – Advanced
- Postcard and Neon Light
- Use Reference File
Solibri Model Checker™ is out of the box software solution (Patent Pending) that analyses Building Information Models for integrity, quality and physical safety. The system offers easy-to-use visualization with an intuitive walk-in functionality. With a single mouse click, the system X-rays the building model and reveals potential flaws and weaknesses in the design, highlights the clashing components and checks that the model complies with the building codes and organization’s best practices.
Our 1-day Solibri Training Course offers a hands on introduction to the program. By the completion of the course attendees will be able to run checks based on their own Rules, output issue presentations and BCF collaboration files to allow collaborators to find and modify the issues within their own BIM software. Attendees will also be able to drill down into the model to find all sorts of information using the Information Take Off feature along with custom classifications. Plus model comparisons – what has changed between the existing file and the new file, Model visualizations – slide shows, creating viewable 3D models for consultants and User Groups, and time permitting we can investigate your own IFC models.
- SOLIBRI Training is conducted over 1 day
- Prerequisite for this course is experience using ARCHICAD
- SMC – Demonstration
- Model Handling and Visualisation
- Checking the Model (Issue detection)
- Handling of Merged Models
- Creating Presentations (Issue reporting)
- BIM Collaboration BCF (Issues transfer)
- Selection Basket & Making Selections
- 3D View Tools
- Information Takeoff
- Rules and Rulesets
- Creating/Updating Rulesets
- Component Classification
- Modifying Information Takeoff Definitions
- Processing Models
- User Interface, Roles and Settings
- Interrogating attendee files/projects (if time permits)
Is anything missing? Just ask. GRAPHISOFT Training can tailor any course to suit your specific requirements. Programmes can be customised to take into account the needs of each group or individual. A skills assessment on each trainee will help identify areas to focus on for their training.For larger groups requiring training, it may be more cost effective to arrange training at your premises, to a schedule that best suits your organisation.
Trainers – A team of highly skilled and experienced professionals, each with an architectural background, delivers our training courses.
“Just a short thank you for your time with the training of 4 people yesterday. Each person has come up to me individually praising you and the sessions you lead them through. Of particular note from all people was the time you spent talking about how ARCHICAD fits into the big picture, and the tricks and shortcuts to be more effective.” James Fitzpatrick – Fitzpatrick & Partners
“Regarding the recent tailored training rolled out in our office, the overwhelming response from the staff was that the training was an incredibly worthwhile experience and that GRAPHISOFT did a stellar job in explaining the programme across a broad range of topics to varying levels of ARCHICAD experience. There is a real excitement in the office for the staff to start applying their new skills on projects and the directors have already commented on some of the productivity increases.” Jeremy Hughes, Associate Director, Tonkin Zulaika Greer Architects.
Classes – Training class sizes are kept small to ensure students receive the attention and support they need. Class hours are generally 9.30am to 4.30pm each day. GRAPHISOFT provides all course material, computer hardware and software required.
20% Select Discount – all current GRAPHISOFT Australia Select customers are eligible for a 20% discount on all GRAPHISOFT Training courses.
50% Student Discount – all current students from Architecture, Building Design, Construction and industry related courses at approved institutions * from around Australia who provide their student enrolment are eligible for a 50% student discount on Essential ARCHICAD and Professional ARCHICAD training courses only.
* Subject to GRAPHISOFT Australia approval (generally full-time, part-time and industry related university and TAFE courses lasting more than 6 months).