Based on the industry-leading Building Information Modeling technology of ARCHICAD 20, ARCHICAD STAR(T) Edition 2017 has been tailored to the needs of smaller architectural practices. The feature set in STAR(T) Edition 2017 includes all the necessary tools to create a BIM that is data-rich and able to produce all floor plans, sections/elevations, 3D views and details for a project. Now, serious workflow, productivity and documentation enhancements are also included within STAR(T) Edition 2017.
Serving as a base for the latest ARCHICAD STAR(T) Edition 2017, ARCHICAD 20’s robust, well-tested engine satisfies the needs of a smaller practice. ARCHICAD STAR(T) EDITION 2017 provides the full power of ARCHICAD 20’s BIM-based streamlined documentation workflow, allowing the model to stay live until the very end of the project: it helps keep architects in the state of the creative design flow with as little disruption as possible.
To find out more about ARCHICAD STAR(T) Edition 2017, check the Version Comparison Chart and take a look at the New Features.
ARCHICAD STAR(T) Edition 2017 New Features
Fresh Look At BIM
ARCHICAD STAR(T) Edition 2017 offers a fresh and clean user interface maximizing the available working area with crisp and clean new icons that look sharp on any screen resolution. The improved tab-based navigation means easy and fast navigation among different views of the project.
- ARCHICAD STAR(T) EDITION 2017 delivers a unified, up-to-date and professional user interface.
- ARCHICAD STAR(T) EDITION 2017 has a cleaner and larger workspace by displaying the most widely used functions while restructuring all the rarely used commands and options.
- By eliminating superfluous graphical elements of the user interface it is not only free from inessential visual noise, but also provides a larger screen real estate for your design and editing work.
Brand new Favorites speed up everyday design development work by providing visual feedback on saved element settings with automatically generated, colored 2D or 3D thumbnail previews – available for every Tool.
- The new Favorites will not only help BIM managers in setting up and enforcing office project templates but will also speed up everyday design development work.
- Favorites may be organized in a custom, hierarchical folder structure using simple drag and drop for faster access; multi-selection of favorite entries is also supported.
- Favorites, selected either by folder or individually, can be imported and exported in various formats to help maintain office standards between projects.
ARCHICAD STAR(T) EDITION 2017 takes project visualization to the next level by enabling the creation of BIMx Hyper-models and two-point perspective views.
- BIMx Hyper-models can be exported, providing integrated 2D and 3D building project navigation and interactive BIM project presentation on mobile devices.
- In 3D perspective view, users can switch to a two-point perspective in any camera position, maintaining the original position and viewing angle. As a result, all 3D vertical edges become vertical in perspective projection.
STAR(T) Edition 2017 implements a series of performance enhancements in various fields to enable smoother workflow and increase general responsiveness.
- STAR(T) Edition 2017 can handle even very complex project library structures in a snap. In addition Embedded Libraries are now extracted into a virtual file system, eliminating library inconsistencies, which may be caused by complex library structures.
- Background processing is now used to check the drawing status of external drawings (PDFs, DWGs, images). This not only provides faster feedback about the status of external drawings, but also dramatically reduces response times.
Limitations of ARCHICAD STAR(T) Edition 2017 compared to ARCHICAD 20 include
- Collaboration limitations: No Teamwork / BIM Server / Hotlinked Modules / XRefs / PMK/EDU file format support / Publisher / STL Export / IFC Publishing
- Modeling limitations: No ‘Linking Element Heights to Stories’ function / Renovation functionality / Curtain Wall
- Documentation/Productivity limitations: No Point Cloud Display / No Revision Management / No Renovation / Integrated Energy Evaluation / Conceptual Design with Morph Scheduling / Layered PDF Publishing
- Visualization limitations: No CineRender Rendering / LightWorks Rendering / Sketch Rendering
- Project Organization limitation: No License Borrowing / NET License
- Performance limitation: No Multithreading on Unlimited Cores
To take advantage of the entire range of ARCHICAD features and benefits, you can upgrade at any time to the current, full version of ARCHICAD and continue editing your previous projects with it.
STAR(T) Edition 2017 can read files created with:
- STAR(T) Edition 2006 or newer versions
- ARCHICAD 8.1 and 9